Wednesday Feb. 20th, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
We are offering a Special Symposium and Networking Session during OKNRC 2019 for women in natural resources. This session will be for both professionals and students.
2:00-3:00 Inspiring keynote speakers who will discuss their careers – both successes and struggles.
- Sue Fairbanks – Assistant Professor at OSU Natural Resource Ecology and Management, Co-Founder Wildlife-Domestic Animal Disease Research Initiative
- Jane Breckinridge – Director Euchee Butterfly Farm, Co-Director Tribal Alliance for Pollinators, Founder Natives Raising Natives Project
- Sara Hill – Secretary of Natural Resources of the Cherokee Nation
3:00-4:00 Panel of women in varied natural resource careers for a Q & A session – covering wide ranging topics such as overcoming workplace gender bias, what not to say in job interviews, and balancing fulfilling careers and a personal life.
- Karen Hickman – OSU, Natural Resource Ecology and Management Professor, Assistant Dean
- Katrina Menard – Sam Noble Museum, OU, Curator of Recent Invertebrates
- Corey Jager – Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, Legislative Liaison
- Angelina Stancampiano – Oklahoma State Parks, Recreation Coordinator
- Jonna Polk – U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Oklahoma Ecological Services Field Office, Field Supervisor
- Jerí Irby – Oklahoma Forestry Services, Forest Regeneration and Tree Improvement Area Forester
- Ashley Nealis – Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, North Central Region, Fisheries Biologist
4:00-5:00 Networking Reception – one-on-one conversations will wrap up the event during a reception with snacks and beverages.
The session is open to anyone interested in promoting women within their pursuit of careers in natural resources.
Questions about this session can be sent to Priscilla Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our symposium sponsors!
- Oklahoma Biological Survey
- Oklahoma American Fisheries Society
- Oklahoma Invasive Plant Council
- Oklahoma State University – Natural Resource Ecology and Management
- Oklahoma State University – Forestry Alumni Association